Microdermabrasion is an ideal technique to keep the skin youthful, smooth and clean. Similar results are obtained by peeling, but in a less aggressive way, allowing the return to normal activities immediately. It’s ideal for the natural renewal of the skin, helping the elimination of scarring and the decrease of wrinkles. It is a cosmetic procedure that removes the outer layers of skin cells.
All the exfoliating techniques aim the same objective: the removal of dead cells, superficial wrinkles and impurities. One of the differences between the different methods of exfoliation is the depth that can come in the sweeping of dead cells; some do so only at the level of the epidermis and others reach until the middle layer, the dermis. Microdermabrasion obtains similar changes to the superficial peeling but less aggressively, allowing a return to normal duties immediately.
This is a cosmetic procedure that removes the outer layers of skin cells. The removal of dead cells in the outer layers promotes cell regeneration, increasing collagen production and thus the elasticity.
It was developed in Europe several years ago. It uses diamond tips that painlessly remove dead skin cells. After treatment, the skin feels and looks smooth and even. The results are immediate: the blackheads and whiteheads are softened so they are easy to remove. Acne scars and stretch marks are less visible, enlarged pores and fine lines are less prominent.
What we should know about this treatment:
• To obtain the desired results one should undergo treatment once a week or fortnight as appropriate.
The number of treatments depends on skin condition and the depth reached.
It usually takes at least five sessions to have a lasting effect.
• Prior to treatment, certain creams, so-called retinoid, are suggested to be used to improve the effectiveness of microdermabrasion and are suspended 24 to 48 hours before.
• Each session lasts approximately 30 minutes and after, cooling and decongestant creams are applied.
• After performing the treatment, the patient can go to work normally and if wanted, use makeup.
• Avoid sun exposure
Who can use its benefits?
Microdermabrasion helps people with the following conditions: acne, acne scars, fine lines on the skin, stretch marks, wrinkles, dry skin, oily skin, minor scarring and sun damage. It must be emphasized that this procedure should be done with a professional to advise and realized treatment with responsibility and knowledge of the technique.
Achievements of microdermabrasion
• Helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
• Reduces hyperpigmentation and enlargement of pores.
• It is indicated to improve stretch marks by combining it with some peeling.
• Reduces signs of surface damage in the skin caused by aging and sun .
• Increases circulation to achieve healthy skin without interrupting daily activities.
• It requires no recovery time.